Guys help me!

General Amateur Radio Discussions - if topics become popular, I will create individual form areas. In the meantime, post the general topics here.

Guys help me!

Postby MrPink » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:39 am

Ok... I am a high school student and would love to start an independant radio station with friends. I think we could manage to pay for a certain ammount. I want to start something that would be picked up on either AM or FM. I would like it to span like a pretty wide radius. It would be a tlak or music station for the locals. I live in LA, CA. where do i start? what kind of radio would i need... etc? PLEASE HELP ME IM DESPERATE!
MrPink

Re: Guys help me!

Postby NW7US » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:17 am

MrPink wrote:Ok... I am a high school student and would love to start an independant radio station with friends.

First, I think that this topic would be better in another area, instead of here in the Amateur Radio service forum area. This area covers the topics that relate to the licensed TWO-WAY communications service also known as "Ham Radio."

Second: Low Power FM is a licensed service that might be of interest to you. Another would be the creation of an Educational FM Station attached to your school. Have you explored these avenues?

For starters, take a look at:

Low Power Broadcast Radio Stations
73, de NW7US (Tomas David Hood)
.. Contributing editor, Propagation Columns in:
.... CQ Magazine, CQ VHF Quarterly, Popular Communications Magazine

Some of my websites:
My Amateur Radio hobby... | YouTube - NW7US Channel
SunspotWatch.com | NW7US on Facebook | Space Weather and Radio on Facebook
NW7US
Site Admin

Callsign: NW7US
Twitter: @NW7US